Annually the Government conducts the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) – which assesses Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 across Australia. The NAPLAN maps each student’s outcomes onto a ten-band continuum, and results are reported against national minimum standards which are Year 3 Band 2, Year 5 Band 4, Year 7 Band 5 and Year 9 Band 6.
The following table reflects Kilvington’s summary report at Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 for each of the areas tested for NAPLAN 2017: Reading, Writing, Language Conventions – Spelling, Language Conventions – Grammar and Punctuation, and Numeracy.
This is an outstanding result for our School community, and one of which we can all be proud. We reiterate that while NAPLAN is an important measure, it is one of many and should be considered in the context of each student’s overall experience at school. Our priority is to provide our students with a holistic approach to education, focusing our efforts on supporting our students through academic excellence and care.
Congratulations to our outstanding teachers, our hardworking and committed students, and our supportive School community.
Congratulations to our Class of 2017 VCE for their outstanding results.
- Our Dux scored an ATAR of 99.65.
- 11% of our students were in the top 2% of the State (achieving an ATAR of 98 plus).
- 20% of our students were in the top 5% of the State (achieving an ATAR of 95 plus).
- 50% were in the top 12% of the State (achieving an ATAR of 88 plus).
- 76% were in the top 25% of the State (achieving an ATAR of 75 plus).
- 22% of study scores were 40 plus.
- The median study score is 35.
Our students have worked incredibly hard to achieve these outstanding results, and I congratulate their commitment to academic excellence through effort, collaboration and resilience. I would also like to congratulate our staff and parents for the support you have provided.
Well done Class of 2017. We wish you all the very best in your future endeavours and hope you will visit us often as a member of our Alumni.