Team Sweden will be selling their fabulous Kanelbullar at The World Fair & Open Day this weekend. We know you are going to love these cinnamon buns, so we asked them to share the recipe!
Swedish Cinnamon Buns
Makes approximately 30-40 buns
2 cups milk, at room temperature
120g butter, melted
2 sachets dried yeast (14g)
½ tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
5-6 cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 egg beaten
Pearl sugar (or brown sugar), for decorating
1. To make the buns, put the melted butter and milk into a large bowl, then add the yeast, sugar and salt and mix well.
2. Slowly add the flour, one cup at a time, until the dough has taken shape.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes, until smooth.
4. Place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm spot for around 45 minutes.
5. Pre-heat the over to 250C.
6. Place the butter, sugar and cinnamon for your filling in a pan until melted. Set aside.
7. When the dough has risen, remove from the bowl and knead it on a floured surface until smooth and elastic. Cut the dough in half and roll it into two rectangles, about ½ cm thick.
8. Spread the butter mixture over the two rectangles. Roll each rectangle tightly to form a cylinder. Using a sharp or serrated knife, cut each roll into approximately 15-20 pieces.
9. Place each slice into a paper cupcake wrapper and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with pearl sugar.
10. Bake the rolls in the oven for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown.